Ferroelectric materials and their applications / Yuhuan Xu.
- Xu, Yuhuan, 1938-
- Amsterdam ; New York : North-Holland, 1991. and New York, NY, USA : Sole distributors for the USA and Canada, Elsevier Science Pub. Co.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 391 pages) : illustrations
- Front Cover; Ferroelectric Materials and their Applications; Copyright Page; Foreword by L.E. Cross; Foreword by S.B. Lang; Preface; Table of Contents; Chapter 1. Introduction: characteristics of ferroelectrics; 1.1. Structural symmetry; 1.2. Spontaneous polarization and pyroelectric effect; 1.3. Ferroelectric domains and hysteresis loop; 1.4. Ferroelectric Curie point and phase transitions; 1.5. Thermodynamics of ferroelectricity; 1.6. Piezoelectric equations and pyroelectric coefficients; 1.7. Electrostrictive equations; References., Chapter 2. Methods for measuring the physical properties of ferroelectric materials2.1. Determination of the dielectric properties of ferroelectrics; 2.2. Determination of the piezoelectric, electrostrictive and pyroelectric properties of ferroelectrics; 2.3. Measurement of the optical and electrooptical properties of ferroelectrics; References; Chapter 3. Perovskite-type ferroelectrics: part I; 3.1. Physical properties and processing of piezoelectric ceramics with perovskite-type structure; 3.2. Compositions and modifications of piezoelectric ceramics., 3.3. Stability of piezoelectric ceramics3.4. Actuators: recent applications of piezoelectric ceramics; References; Chapter 4. Perovskite-type ferroelectrics: part II; 4.1. Transparent ferroelectric PLZT ceramics and their applications; 4.2. PTC ceramics of barium titanate; 4.3. Perovskite-type ferroelectric single crystals; 4.4. Ferroelectric thin films; References; Chapter 5. Lithium niobate and lithium tantalate; 5.1. Structure and ferroelectricity of LiNbO3 and LiTaO3; 5.2. Single crystal growth., 5.3. Piezoelectric, pyroelectric, electrooptical properties and applications of LiNbO3 and LiTaO35.4. Photorefractive effects in LiNbO3; References; Chapter 6. Ferroelectric tungsten-bronze-type niobate crystals; 6.1. Crystallographic structure of tungsten-bronze-type niobates; 6.2. Barium sodium niobate and its derivative single crystals; 6.3. Strontium barium niobate crystals; 6.4. Potassium lithium niobate crystals; 6.5. Potassium sodium strontium barium niobate (KNSBN) crystals; 6.6. Lead barium niobate (PBN) crystals; References., and Chapter 7. KDP family, TGS family and other water-soluble ferroelectric crystals7.1. KDP family ferroelectric crystals; 7.2. TGS family ferroelectric crystals; 7.3. Other water-soluble ferroelectric crystals; References; Chapter 8. Other ferroelectric crystal materials; 8.1. Bismuth titanate; 8.2. Ferroelectric-ferroelastic crystal gadolinium molybdate; 8.3. Lead germanium oxide; 8.4. Ferroelectric semiconductor SbSI (antimony sulphoiodide) family; 8.5. Potassium titanyl phosphate (KTiOPO4) family; References; Chapter 9. Organic ferroelectric materials and piezoelectric composites.
- This book presents the basic physical properties, structure, fabrication methods and applications of ferroelectric materials. These are widely used in various devices, such as piezoelectric/electrostrictive transducers and actuators, pyroelectric infrared detectors, optical integrated circuits, optical data storage, display devices, etc. The ferroelectric materials described in this book include a relatively complete list of practical and promising ferroelectric single crystals, bulk ceramics and thin films. Included are perovskite-type, lithium niobate, tungsten-bronze-type, water-soluable crystals and other inorganic materials, as well as organic ferroelectrics (polymers, liquid crystals, and composites). Basic concepts, principles and methods for the physical property characteristics of ferroelectric materials are introduced in the first two chapters for those readers new to the subject of ferroelectricity. Not only professional researchers and engineers but also students and other readers who have limited physical knowledge and an interest in ferroelectrics, will welcome this book.
- 9781483290959, 1483290956, 0444883541 (alk. paper), and 9780444883544 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 18156869