How to find out in mathematics : a guide to sources of information / by John E. Pemberton
- Pemberton, John E.
- Oxford ; New York : Pergamon Press, 
- 2d rev. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 193 pages).
- The Commonwealth and international library. Libraries and technical information division
- How to Find Out in Mathematics: A Guide to Sources of Information, Second Revised Edition presents updated topics about probability and statistics, dictionaries and encyclopedias, computing, and mathematical education. The book discusses the modifications of the content of professional actuarial examinations; the assimilation of modern mathematics into the school curriculum; and the establishment of government departments to administer financial support for mathematical research. The text also describes the efforts to improve communication between mathematicians (i.e. the inception of the Mathematical Offprint Service and the publication of Contents of Contemporary Mathematical Journals by the American Mathematical Society). People who are studying, teaching, or applying mathematics will find the book helpful.
- 9780080068237 (electronic bk.)
0080068235 (electronic bk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 18156876