Mechanics of composite materials : recent advances / edited by Zvi Hashin, Carl T. Herakovich
- Conference Author:
- IUTAM Symposium on Mechanics of Composite Materials (1982 : Blacksburg, Va.)
- New York : Pergamon, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 499 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hashin, Zvi
Herakovich, Carl T.
International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Front Cover; Mechanics of Composite Materials: Recent Advances; Copyright Page; Table of Cotents; PREFACE; OPENING REMARKS; CHAPTER 1. MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS; ABSTRACT; KEYWORDS; INTRODUCTION; MICROSCALE AVERAGING; MACROSCOPIC PROPERTIES; GEOMETRIC MODELS; STATIC ELASTIC RESULTS; BOUNDS; FURTHER GEOMETRIC MODEL RESULTS; DYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS; INELASTIC EFFECTS; References; CHAPTER 2. INFLUENCE OF MICROSTRUCTURE ON THE THERMOELASTIC AND TRANSPORT PROPERTIES OF PARTICULATE AND SHORT-FIBER COMPOSITES; ABSTRACT; KEYWORDS; INTRODUCTION; STRUCTURAL DESCRIPTORS.
Model formulationapplications; conclusion; references; chapter 3. further applications of the systematic theory of materials with disordered constitution; abstract; keywords; introduction; 2. materials with random constitution; 3. elastic wave propagation in random media; 4. heat ccnducticn through an imperfect contact interface between two bodies; 5. plasticity of polycrystals and random composites. conditional effective parameters; 6. conclusion; acknowledgement; references; chapter 4. finite elastic-plastic deformation of composites; abstract; keywords; 1. introduction; 2. formulation.
3. porous elastic-plastic solids plane problems; acknowledgment; references; chapter 5. effective constitutive equations for fiber-reinforced viscoplastic composites; abstract; keywords; introduction; basic equations; constitutive equations for viscoplastic composites; application: the average behavior of fiber-reinforced composites; acknowledgement; references; chapter 6. metal matrix composites: plasticity and fatigue; abstract; keywords; introduction; notation; governing equations; response to uniform thermal change; elastic-plastic deformation; fatigue of laminated plates; acknowledgments.
Experiments on single filamentsexperimental results for strands; experimental results for pressure vessels; discussion; references; chapter 10. analysis of a hybrid, uni-directional laminate with damage; abstract; keywords; introduction; formulation; results; acknowledgement; references; chapter 11. modeling of the failure process in notched laminates; abstract; keywords; introduction; constitutive relations; progressive-ply-failure finite element program; examples; discussion and conclusion; acknowledgement; references.
- Mechanics of Composite Materials: Recent Advances covers the proceedings of the International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (IUTAM) Symposium on Mechanics of Composite Materials. The book reviews papers that emphasize fundamental mechanics, developments, and unresolved problems of the field. The text covers topics such as mechanical properties of composite materials; influence of microstructure on the thermoplastics and transport properties of particulate and short-fiber composites; and further applications of the systematic theory of materials with disordered constitution. The se.
- 9781483154428 (electronic bk.)
1483154424 (electronic bk.)
- "Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Mechanics of Composite Materials, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA, August 16-19, 1982."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18158029