Analytic properties of Feynman diagrams in quantum field theory / [by] I.T. Todorov. Translated by Clifford Risk
- Todorov, Ivan Todorov
- Uniform Title:
- Analiticheskie svoĭstva diagramm Feĭnmana v kvantovoĭ teorii poli͡a. English
- Oxford ; New York : Pergamon Press, 
- First edition].
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvi, 152 pages) : illustrations
- International series of monographs in natural philosophy, volume 38
- Front Cover; Analytic Properties of Feynman Diagrams in Quantum Field Theory; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; PREFACE TO THE ENGLISH EDITION; TRANSLATOR'S NOTE; FOREWORD; INTRODUCTION; 1. Dispersion relations and perturbation theory; 2. A survey of work on the analytic properties of S-matrix elements in perturbation theory; 3. Contents of the book; CHAPTER 1. THE QUADRATIC FORM OF A FEYNMAN DIAGRAM; 1. The representation for the contribution of an arbitrary diagram to the scattering matrix; 2. Properties of the quadratic form of a diagram for Euclidean external momenta., 3. The majorization of a quadratic form with real momenta by a quadratic form with Euclidean momentaAppendix to Chapter 1. Calculation of the Jacobian of the transformation (1.1.10); Summary; CHAPTER 2. MAJORIZATION OF FEYNMAN DIAGRAMS; 1. Principle of majorization. The method for obtaining the primitive diagrams; 2. Primitive diagrams of the vertex part and of scattering processes; 3. The Symanzik theorem and its generalization; 4. Majorization of the primitive diagrams; 5. Majorization of diagrams for processes involving pseudoscalar mesons., Appendix to Chapter 2. Nucleon-nucleon primitive scattering diagrams (Proof of Theorem 2.5)Summary; CHAPTER 3. DERIVATION OF SPECTRAL REPRESENTATIONS AND OF DISPERSION RELATIONS; 1. Analytic properties of the vertex part. The concept of an anomalous threshold; 2. Dispersion relations for the nucleon-nucleon scattering amplitude and for the corresponding partial wave amplitude; 3. Dispersion relations for the scalar meson-nucleon scattering amplitude; Appendix to Chapter 3. Analyticity of TD3, and TD4 in the domain (3.3.2); Summary., and CHAPTER 4. THE SURFACE OF SINGULARITIES OF A FEYNMAN DIAGRAM. WHAT ELSE CAN WE LEARN FROM THE BOX DIAGRAM?1. Equations for the singular surface; 2. Examples of the application of the parametric equations of the surface of singularities; 3. Survey of Cutkosky rules and of the Mandelstam representation for the box diagram; Appendix to Chapter 4. The example of the self-energy diagram; Summary; REFERENCES; INDEX.
- Analytic Properties of Feynman Diagrams in Quantum Field Theory deals with quantum field theory, particularly in the study of the analytic properties of Feynman graphs.
- 9781483156323 electronic bk., 148315632X electronic bk., 0080165443, and 9780080165448
- Translation of Analiticheskie svoĭstva diagramm Feĭnmana v kvantovoĭ teorii poli͡a.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 140-149).
View MARC record | catkey: 18158142