Theory of approximation of functions of a real variable / A.F. Timan ; translated by J. Berry ; English translation edited and editorial preface by J. Cossar
- Timan, A. F. (Aleksandr Filippovich)
- Uniform Title:
- Teorii͡a priblizhenii͡a funkt͡siĭ deĭstvitelʹnogo peremennogo. English
- 1963. and Oxford ; New York : Pergamon Press ; [distributed in the Western Hemisphere by Macmillan, New York]
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 631 pages).
- International series of monographs on Pure and applied mathematics, volume 34
- Weierstrass's theorem -- The best approximation -- Some compact classes of functions and their structural characteristics -- Some properties of algebraic polynomials and transcendental integral functions of exponential type -- Direct theorems of the constructive theory of functions -- Converse theorems. Constructive characteristics of some classes of functions -- Further theorems connecting the best approximations of functions with their structural properties -- Linear processes of approximation of functions by polynomials and some estimates connected with them.
- 9780080099293 (electronic bk.), 0080099297 (electronic bk.), 048667830X, and 9780486678306
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 602-620) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18158231