North-holland mathematical library, volume 9 [electronic resource] : comparison theorems in riemannian
- Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- North-Holland mathematical library
- Front Cover; Comparison Theorems in Riemannian Geometry; Copyright Page; Preface; Contents; Chapter 1. Basic Concepts and Results; 0. Notation and preliminaries; 1. First variation of arc length; 2. Exponential map and normal coordinates; 3. The Hopf-Rinow Theorem; 4. The curvature tensor and Jacobi fields; 5. Conjugate points; 6. Second variation of arc length; 7. Submanifolds and the second fundamental form; 8. Basic index lemmas; 9. Ricci curvature and Myers' and Bonnet's Theorems; 10. Rauch Comparison Theorems; 11. The Cartan-Hadamard Theorem; 12. The Cartan-Ambrose-Hicks Theorem.
13. Spaces of constant curvatureChapter 2. Toponogov's Theorem; Chapter 3. Homogeneous spaces; Chapter 4. Morse theory; Chapter 5. Closed geodesics and the cut locus; Chapter 6. The Sphere Theorem and its generalizations; Chapter 7. The differentiable Sphere Theorem; Chapter 8. Complete manifolds of nonnegative curvature; Chapter 9. Compact manifolds of nonpositive curvature; Index.
- Comparison Theorems in Riemannian Geometry.
- 0444107649 (electronic bk.)
9780444107640 (electronic bk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 18158369