Historians against history [electronic resource] : the frontier thesis and the national covenant in American historical writing since 1830 / David W. Noble
- Noble, David W.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 1965.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (197 pages)
- Flight from feudalism: the new world and the Puritan covenant -- George Bancrofet: Nature and the fulfillment of the covenant -- Frederick Jackson Turner: The machine and the loss of the covenant -- Charles A. Beard: Industrialism and the covenant restored -- Carl Becker: Europe and the roots of the covenant -- Vernon Louis Parrington: The covenant and the Jeffersonian Jeremaid -- Beard: The covenant threatened by institutional power -- Becker: The covenant replaced by civilization -- Daniel Boorstin: Blackstone and the conservation of the American covenant -- The end of the covenant and the beginning of American history.
- 9780816663842 (electronic bk.)
081666384X (electronic bk.)
0816604444 (Trade Paper)
9780816604449 (Trade Paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references in "Notes" (pages 181-187) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18160231