Lévinas's ethical politics / Michael L. Morgan
- Morgan, Michael L., 1944-
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xix, 410 pages ; 23 cm.
- The Helen and Martin Schwartz lectures in Jewish studies
- Overview -- Tears the civil servant cannot see: ethics and politics -- Judaism, Zionism, and the state of Israel -- Philosophical articulation -- The third party: transcendental ethics and realistic politics -- Ethics as critique -- Responsibility for others and the discourse of rights -- Liberalism and democracy -- Ethics, politics, and Zionism -- Teaching prophetic politics: ethics and politics in Levinas's Talmudic lessons -- Zionism and the justification of a Jewish state -- Ethics, politics, and Messianism -- Levinas's notorious interview -- Defense -- Levinas and his critics.
- 9780253021069 (cloth : alk. paper)
0253021065 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780253021106 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0253021103 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18162629