The Dent atlas of American history / Martin Gilbert
- Gilbert, Martin, 1936-2015
- Additional Titles:
- Atlas of American history
- London : J.M. Dent, 1993.
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 138 pages : maps ; 26 cm
- "Covering the fascinating history of America from the first explorations of the country right up to the present day, this atlas presents a series of immensely clear and detailed maps, accompanied by informative captions and a wealth of facts and figures in a form that makes them instantly accessible and easily understood. In over 138 maps, the complete history of America is unrolled through vivid representations of all the significant landmarks, including politics: from the annexation of Texas in 1845 to the battle for negro voting rights in 1964 and 1965; Military Events: from the War of Independence in 1775-83 and America's standing in two world wars to the conflicts in Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf; Social History: from the abolition of slavery between 1777 and 1860 to the growth of female emancipation; Transport: from the state of the railroads and the canals in the nineteenth century to recent American and Russian ventures into outer space; and Economics: from the 'triangular trade' from Africa to America to farming and industry in 1920 and the state of America today." --Book Jacket.
- 0460861735 (hardcover), 9780460861731 (hardcover), 0460861743 (pbk.), 9780460861748 (pbk.), 0415136237 (auf Schutzumschlag), and 9780415136235 (auf Schutzumschlag)
View MARC record | catkey: 1821557