Theory and practice of the testing of gas wells
- Corporate Author:
- Energy Resources Conservation Board
- Calgary, Alberta : Energy Resources Conservation Board, 1975,1978 printing.
- 3d ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii,505 p.in various pagings : illustrations ; 29 cm
- INTRODUCTION: History -- Types of tests -- Field conduct and reporting of tests -- Choice and frequency of testing -- THEORETICAL CONSIDERATIONS: Momentum equation -- Equation of continuity -- Equations of state -- The flow equations -- Direct analytical solutions of the flow equations -- Further analytical solutions of the flow equations -- Numerical solutions of the flow equation -- Deviations from the idealized model -- Graphical (type curve) colutions of the flow equations -- CHOICE OF EQUATION FOR GAS FLOW ANALYSIS (PRESSURE, PRESSURE-SQUARED OR PSEUDO-PRESSURE): Comparison of calculated pressures by different methods -- Range of validity of the pressure-squared of pressure approach -- DELIVERABILITY TESTS: Fundamental equations -- Determination of stabilized flow constants -- Tests involving stabilized flow -- Tests not involving stabilized flow -- Wellhead deliverability -- Important considerations pertaining to deliverability tests -- Guidelines for designing deliverability tests -- Calculating and plotting test results -- DRAWDOWN TESTS: Fundamental relationships -- Tests utilizing early-time data -- Tests utilizing transient flow data -- Tests utilizing pseudo-stready data -- Important considerations pertaining to drawdown tests -- Deliverability -- Guidelines for designing drawdown tests -- Calculating and plotting test results -- BUILD-UP TESTS: Fundamental relationships -- Tests utilizing early-time data -- Tests utilizing middle-time and late-time data -- Alternative methods of analysis -- Important considerations pertaining to build-up tests -- Deliverability -- Guidelines for designing build-up tests -- Calculating and plotting test results -- Drill-steam test pressure build-up analysis -- GENERAL GUIDELINE RELATED TO THE FIELD CONDUCT AND REPORTING OF TESTS: Gas well testing facilities -- Measurement and sampling -- Field conduct and the reporting of test results -- THE ESTIMATION OF RESERVOIR PARAMETERS AND FLOW BEHAVIOR FROM LIMITED DATA: Basic theory -- Estimation of reservoir parameters -- Estimation of flow behaviour -- Prediction of average reservoir pressure.
- Errata, July 1978 tipped in.
"Originally published by the Oil and Gas Conservation Board ... in 1964".
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: p.R1-R14.
- Action Note:
- Rebound. 20110907. Grantville, PA 17028. Wert Bookbinding, Inc.
Deacidified. 20110907. liquid. Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Preservation Technologies Inc.
View MARC record | catkey: 183157