The Hidden side of cards, the cheat with the ace of diamonds (about 1635) [videorecording] : by Georges de le Tour (vic sur seille 1593 - Lunbeville 1652) / [presented by] Louvre, La SEPT, Delta Image ; une émission d'Alain Jaubert ; Les Films d'Ici
- Chicago, Ill. : Distributed by Encyclopaedia Britannica Educational Corp., [1991?]
[University Park, Pa.] : [co-distributed by Penn State Audio-Visual Services]
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (30 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Jaubert, Alain
Encyclopaedia Britannica Educational Corporation
Pennsylvania State University. Audio-Visual Services
Musée du Louvre
- This perplexing painting of card players done by Georges de la Tour in 1635 requires a veritable police investigation to tie all the clues together and tell its story. Some say it is possible that the work has religious intentions, perhaps alluding to the parable of the prodigal son.
- Related Titles:
- Georges de la Tour
Cheat with the ace of diamonds
- Title on container: Georges de la Tour.
Credits in French.
Title on container/label: The Cheat with the ace of diamonds.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director, Alain Jaubert.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format.
View MARC record | catkey: 1832662