The future of university credentials : new developments at the intersection of higher education and hiring / Sean R. Gallagher
- Gallagher, Sean R.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts : Harvard Education Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 254 pages : illustration ; 23 cm
- Preface: At the intersection of higher education and hiring -- Introduction: A pivotal moment in the university credentialing ecosystem -- The rise of the university credential in the knowledge economy -- Behind the curtain: how university credentials operate as job market qualifications -- Higher education's information age: lessons from the dot-com era -- Modern online education: mainstream online degrees, MOOCs, and the emergence of shorter-form credentials -- Credentialing in the internet age: a brave new world from digitizing the credential to talent analytics -- Innovative directions in university credentials -- Conclusions and recommendations on the future of university credentials.
- This book is an exploration of the evolving relations between higher education and the work world.--
- 9781612509679 (pbk.)
9781612509686 (library edition)
1612509681 (library edition)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 189-230) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18359436