Dental benefits and practice management : a guide for successful practices / [edited by] Michael Okuji
- Ames, Iowa : John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Okuji, Michael
- Dental benefits : get it done / Michael Okuji -- Dental benefits : get it right / Michael Okuji -- Patient-centered practice / David Okuji -- Streamline the practice / Michael Okuji, Dennis Lewis -- Patient protection and affordable care act / David Okuji, Michael Okuji -- Ethics and ethical behavior / Gary Herman -- Stay out of trouble / Matthew Cassady -- Analysis to action / Michael Okuji.
- The early focus of the text is on dental insurance and payments. Chapters are devoted to the history of dental benefits and current benefit products; what the procedure codes are and how they are used; processing guidelines and denied and disapproved claim appeals; and streamlined processing, including predetermination, coordination of benefits, and more. This segues into the second half of the text, which discusses ways to keep your practice patient-centered and out of legal trouble. Topics addressed are office processes and patient communication, risk management, recordkeeping and compliance, avoiding fraud and abuse, and the ethics of dental practice. Also explained are considerations for quality of care and how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act impacts dental benefits and access to dental care. The text concludes with strategies for dentists and organizations to become competitive in the "new normal" for dental care delivery. Appendices include sample forms, appeal and narrative sample, and a guide to risk management. --
Practical explanations to effectively and legally process claims --
Describes the changes in dental practice management to make your practice patient centered --
Competitive strategies for dentists and organizations --Book Jacket.
- 9781118980354 (Adobe PDF)
1118980352 (Adobe PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18362708