The life of Thomas Paine : with a history of his literary, political and religious career in America, France, and England. To which is added a sketch of Paine by William Cobbett (hitherto unpublished).
- Conway, Moncure Daniel, 1832-1907
- New York : G.P. Putnam's, 1893.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : frontispiece (portraits) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cobbett, William, 1763-1835
Full Text available online
- The sketch by Cobbett, who, from hating Paine, had become his ardent admirer, is based on manuscript notes prepared by Madame de Bonneville.
"The Hall manuscripts": v. 2, p. 460-472. (Extracts from the journals of John Hall, a mechanic who emigranted from England to Philadelphia in 1785, recording his daily intercourse with Paine).
"Portraits of Paine": v. 2, p. 473-481.
- Bibliography Note:
- "Brief list of Paine's works": volume 2, pages 482-483.
View MARC record | catkey: 183679