Real-time forecasting for renewable energy development [electronic resource] : hearing before the Subcommittee on Energy and Environment, Committee on Science and Technology, House of Representatives, One Hundred Eleventh Congress, second session, June 16, 2010
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Science and Technology (2007-2011). Subcommittee on Energy and Environment
- Washington : U.S. G.P.O., 2010. and Washington : For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 96 pages : illustrations, digital, PDF file
- "A significant barrier to the widespread adoption of many forms of renewable energy, including wind, solar, and marine and hydrokinetic power, is that these sources are intermittent. Electric grid managers address this intermittency by adjusting the delivery of other sources of power based on expected changes in renewable power output. These expected changes are called power production forecasts. Such forecasts must take into account changing weather conditions in conjunction with the land's topography near a renewable energy device, along with the device's expected technical performance ... Several recent reports have determined that improving the accuracy and frequency of these forecasts can have a major impact on the economic viability of renewable energy resources" ... This hearing provides "testimony on the roles that various Federal agencies as well as the private sector play in providing forecasting data and services relevant to expanding the availability of reliable, renewable power, and the extent to which these efforts are coordinated. The hearing will also explore any research, development, demonstration, and monitoring needs that are not currently being adequately addressed."--P. 3-4.
- "Serial Number 111-100.", Cover title., Distributed to some depository libraries on microfiche., Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection. Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC., and Shipping list number: 2011-0054-P.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Bethesda, Md.] : ProQuest, 2011. digital, PDF file. ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection. Mode of access: World Wide Web via ProQuest website.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18370909