Excel 2016 for Business Statistics [electronic resource] : A Guide to Solving Practical Problems / by Thomas J. Quirk
- Quirk, Thomas J.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 244 pages 167 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Excel for Statistics
- Introduction -- Sample size, mean, standard deviation, standard error of the mean -- Random number generator -- Confidence interval about the mean using the TINV function and hypothesis testing -- One-group t-test for the mean -- Two-group t-test of the difference of the means for independent groups -- Correlation and simple linear regression -- Multiple correlation and multiple regression -- One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA) -- Appendix A -- Appendix B -- Appendix C -- Appendix D -- Appendix E -- Index.
- This book shows the capabilities of Microsoft Excel in teaching business statistics effectively. Similar to the previously published Excel 2010 for Business Statistics, this book is a step-by-step exercise-driven guide for students and practitioners who need to master Excel to solve practical business problems. If understanding statistics isn’t your strongest suit, you are not especially mathematically-inclined, or if you are wary of computers, this is the right book for you. Excel, a widely available computer program for students and managers, is also an effective teaching and learning tool for quantitative analyses in business courses. Its powerful computational ability and graphical functions make learning statistics much easier than in years past. However, Excel 2016 for Business Statistics: A Guide to Solving Practical Problems is the first book to capitalize on these improvements by teaching students and managers how to apply Excel to statistical techniques necessary in their courses and work. Each chapter explains statistical formulas and directs the reader to use Excel commands to solve specific, easy-to-understand business problems. Practice problems are provided at the end of each chapter with their solutions in an appendix. Separately, there is a full Practice Test (with answers in an Appendix) that allows readers to test what they have learned. Includes 167 illustrations in color Suitable for undergraduate and graduate students At the beginning of his academic career, Prof. Tom J. Quirk spent six years in educational research at The American Institutes for Research and Educational Testing Service. He then taught Social Psychology, Educational Psychology, General Psychology, Marketing, Management, and Accounting at Principia College, and is currently a Professor of Marketing in the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology at Webster University based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA) where he teaches Marketing Statistics, Marketing Research, and Pricing Strategies. He has written 60+ textbook supplements in Marketing and Management, published 20+ articles in professional journals, and presented 20+ papers at professional meetings. He holds a B.S. in Mathematics from John Carroll University, both an M.A. in Education and a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from Stanford University, and an M.B.A. from The University of Missouri-St. Louis.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 18373115