The Viking age : a reader / edited by Angus A. Somerville and R. Andrew McDonald
- Readings in medieval civilizations and cultures ; XIV 
- Language Note:
- Includes text translated from the Old Norse and Old English.
- Introduction -- The Scandinavian homelands -- Scandinavian society -- Early religion and belief -- Women in the Viking age -- Viking warriors and their weapons -- Fjord-serpents : Viking ships -- "Sudden and unforeseen attacks of Northmen" -- "The heathens stayed" : from raiding to settlement -- Austrveg : the Viking road to the east -- Into the western ocean : the Faeroes, Iceland, Greenland, Andvinland -- Viking life and death -- From Odin to Christ -- State-building at home and abroad -- The end of the Viking age -- Epilogue : Advice from Odin.
- 9781442608689 (bound), 1442608684 (bound), 9781442608672 (pbk.), and 1442608676 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Other Forms:
- Issued also in electronic format.
View MARC record | catkey: 18375669