Essentials of qualitatively-driven mixed-method designs / Janice M. Morse
- Morse, Janice M.
- New York ; London : Routledge : Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 186 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.
- Qualitative essentials ; 14
- "In a mixed-method tradition that privileges the quantitative, leading qualitative researcher Janice Morse breaks new ground by arguing the importance of research designs for which the primary component is qualitative, and contains either a quantitative or a qualitative supplemental strategy. Using a variety of examples and visual prompts, Morse convincingly demonstrates that such designs allow novice researchers to obtain answers more quickly and with more certainty. Her book provides clear and concise explanations making even complex research designs understandable to the beginning researcher; argues for the importance of primary qualitative designs due to their theoretical strength; stresses the importance of using goal-directed actions and analyses that do not violate the assumptions of either qualitative or quantitative inquiry"--
- 9781629584126 (hardback)
- Publication date on publisher's web site: 2016-07-27.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 172-180) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18377574