Gego : autobiography of a line / curated by Sandra Antelo-Suárez and Jesús Fuenmayor ; with contributions by Kaira M. Cabañas, Anne Tardos, Daniel Crespin, Chus Martínez
- Additional Titles:
- Autobiography of a line
- New York, NY : Dominique Lévy, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 168 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 34 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Antelo-Suárez, Sandra
Cabañas, Kaira Marie, 1974-
Dominique Lévy (Gallery)
- Gego : incidental materialism / Sandra Antelo-Suárez and Jesús Fuenmayor -- Gego / Anne Tardos -- Metal is everywhere / Kaira M. Cabañas -- Chorros -- Chorros sketches -- Dibujos sin papel -- Dibujos sin papel sketches, 1985 -- The dream of a Caracas afternoon or Gego's Reticuláreas / Daniel Crespin -- I work in reason by making ... Gego and the new sensorium / Chus Martínez -- Bichitos/bichos -- Early experiments -- Works on paper/tejeduras.
- In the intricate wire sculptures of the German-born Venezuelan artist 'Gego' (1912-94), lines are given new dimension, describing architectural space and engaging with the human body. Gego: Autobiography of a Line gathers key works from the artist?s oeuvre, from her famed entropic sculpture of the '70s to the works on paper created at the end of her long career. This fully illustrated publication is among the first to position Gego's work in a global context, and features texts by curator Chus Martínez, head of the Institute of Art of the FHNW Academy of Arts and Design in Basel, Switzerland; art historian Kaira Cabañas; and Gego's grandson, Daniel Crespin; as well as previously unpublished archival material. The book also includes 'GEGO's a new poem by poet, artist and composer Anne Tardos, performing a linguistic intervention in Gego's work.
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition held September 10-October 24, 2015 at Dominque Lévy, New York.
"Dominique Lévy Gallery in collaboration with Fundación Gego."-- Title page.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18377642