Manuale sacramentoru[m] [electronic resource] : Nouiter emendatuz cuz quibusdaz congrue in eo additis secu[n]dum consuetudine[m] alme ecclesie Hispalensis
- Corporate Author:
- Catholic Church
- Additional Titles:
- Manuale sacramentorum
- Hispali [i.e. Seville] : Andree Burgensis, M. D. xlvii. 
- Physical Description:
- xlix, leaf xlvi, l-lxxxvi, leaf lxxxi, leaf lxxxvii, lxxxix-xcii, leaf lxxxvi, leaf xciii [i.e. xciv], 1 unnumbered leaves : illustrations, music ; 22 cm (8vo)
- Additional Creators:
- León, Nicolás, 1859-1929
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- John Carter Brown Library - Spanish America Collection (Internet Archive)
- Colophon reads: Andree Burgensis, anno d[omi]ni M.D.xlvii. sedente in cathedra Petri Paulo tertio. Imperante apud Romanos Carolo. v. Hispaniorum.
Name of printer from colophon.
According to the note by Nicolas Leon on the verso of the third front flyleaf in the John Carter Brown Library copy, this manual was originally bound in vellum with the spine title "Manuale Mexicorum". He notes that the archbishopric of Mexico was subordinate to that of Seville and hence this text had to be the one used in the liturgy in the cathedral of Mexico. Leon states that this copy was used by the Franciscans in the first primitive church at Tzintzuntzan where he purchased it.
Signatures: a-l⁸ (a1 verso blank) m⁸ (-m8)
Errors in foliation: leaf xxvi unnumbered; liii misnumbered lii; lvi misnumbered lii; lxi misnumbered li; lxxii misnumbered lxxi; lxxxi minumbered lxxxvii; lxxxiv misnumbered lxxxiii; and xciv misnumbered xciii.
Title page and all text within volume printed in red and black; woodcut ecclesiastical coat of arms on title page; rubricated initials.
Includes music, printed in red and black, for the sacrament of marriage on leaves xcii-lxxxvi [i.e. xciii]
John Carter Brown Library copy imperfect: leaves [i]-v and lxxix-xciii [i.e. xciv],  leaves are wormed with some loss of text; leaf xc recto has large blotch of ink towards bottom of page, affecting three lines of text.
John Carter Brown Library copy half bound in modern black morocco with marbled boards.
Provenance of the John Carter Brown Library copy: De la libreria de N. P. S. Fran[cis]co de Valladolid: contemporary ms. autograph on title page below woodcut coat of arms; D. Nicolas Leon: bookplate on front pastedown with his note describing this work on verso of third front flyleaf.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Palau y Dulcet (2. ed.) 150049.
JCB Lib. cat., pre-1675, I; p. 151.
View MARC record | catkey: 18400992