Gender and migration / Caroline B. Brettell
- Brettell, Caroline
- Cambridge, UK ; Malden, MA, USA : Polity Press, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 219 pages ; 21 cm.
- Introduction : engendering the study of immigration -- The gendered demography of U.S. immigration history -- The gendering of law, policy, citizenship, and political practice -- Gendered labor markets -- Gender and the immigrant family -- Concluding thoughts : a gendered theory of migration.
- Women immigrants—United States
- Immigrants—United States—Economic conditions
- Women immigrants—United States—Economic conditions
- Immigrant families—United States
- Emigration and immigration—Economic aspects
- Emigration and immigration—Government policy
- Emigration and immigration—Social aspects
- Immigrant families
- Immigrants—Economic conditions
- Women immigrants
- Women immigrants—Economic conditions
- United States—Emigration and immigration—Government policy
- United States—Emigration and immigration—Economic aspects
- United States—Emigration and immigration—Social aspects
- United States
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780745687889 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0745687881 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780745687896 (pbk. : alk. paper)
074568789X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18402098