The 400 blows [videorecording] : Les quatre cents coups / S.E.D.I.F. and Les Films du carrosse ; directed by François Truffaut ; original story by François Truffaut ; adaptation and dialogue by Marcel Moussy
- Additional Titles:
- Quatre cents coups
- [Massachusetts?] : Home Vision, 
[Massachusetts?] : Distributed by Public Media, Inc.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (99 min.) : sound, black and white ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Moussy, Marcel, 1924-1995
Léaud, Jean-Pierre, 1944-
Remy, A. (Albert)
Decomble, Guy, 1910-1964
Home Vision (Firm)
Public Media Incorporated (Wilmette, Ill.)
Films du carrosse (Firm)
- The Truffaut collection
- Thirteen-year-old Antoine Doinel lives in a cramped apartment with his mother and stepfather, neglected by them and unlucky at school. Living an intense imaginative life of his own he gets into trouble and is finally committed to reform school from which he escapes and runs towards the sea, which he has never seen.
- Related Titles:
- 400 coups
Four hundred blows
- French dialogue with English subtitles.
Originally issued as a motion picture in France in 1959.
"A Janus Films presentation."
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Henri Decaë ; editor, Marie-Josèphe Yoyotte ; music, Jean Constantin ; production administrator, Georges Charlot ; subtitle adaptation, Laurent Bouzereau.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jean-Pierre Léaud, Claire Maurier, Albert Rémy, Guy Decomble.
View MARC record | catkey: 1840437