Computer-Related Occupations Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses potential changes to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) affecting workers in computer-related occupations. Explains 1990 computer employees exemption from minimum wage and overtime standards of FLSA, subsequent amendments to the Act, and regulations that implement the exemption. Describes computer occupations that are not exempt from either the minimum wage or overtime standards of the FLSA. Reviews legislation in the 106th-108th Congresses and the 112th Congress to expand exemption for certain computer employees.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 12-R4-2141 in the 2012 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18404645