Immigration Provisions of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (38 pages), digital, PDF file
- Highlights immigration-related provisions of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) of 1994, which provide protections for women against violent crime; and describes how VAWA immigration provisions work in practice. Discusses critiques of VAWA and improvements suggested to increase utilization of VAWA provisions by abused foreign nationals, as well as ways to reduce immigration fraud. Reviews current legislation and possible immigration-related issues, in light of possible VAWA reauthorization.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18404895