Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides information on joint light tactical vehicle (JLTV) currently being developed by the Army and USMC as a successor to the high mobility, multi-wheeled vehicle (HMMWV). Examines program-related issues, recent program activities, foreign participants, possible acquisition targets, budgetary issues, and legislative activity. Presents concerns about JLTV affordability and changing requirements; limitations on upgrading HMMWVs and mine resistant ambush protected vehicles; and projected cost of a recapitalized HMMWV versus a new JLTV. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 11-RS-22942b in the 2011 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405059