Nonstrategic Nuclear Weapons [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (37 pages), digital, PDF file
- Explains distinction between strategic and nonstrategic, or tactical nuclear weapons. Reviews U.S. and Soviet nonstrategic nuclear weapons during and after the Cold War, and the 1991 Presidential Nuclear Initiatives. Examines issues for Congress, including the safety and security of Russian nonstrategic nuclear weapons; the role of nonstrategic nuclear weapons for Russia, U.S. and NATO; and the relationship between nonstrategic nuclear weapons and U.S. nonproliferation policy. Outlines policy options, including increasing transparency, expanding threat reduction assistance, and negotiation of a formal treaty.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 10-RL-32572c in the 2010 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405422