Iraq [electronic resource] : Politics, Governance, and Human Rights
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (52 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of post-Saddam political transition in Iraq. Covers initial transition and construction of the political system, Jan. 2005 elections for interim government, permanent constitution, and Dec. 2005 elections. Examines 2006-2011 sectarian conflict and U.S.-assisted reconciliation, including efforts to strengthen Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and Iraqi Government and to decentralize governance. Discusses coalitions and political infighting during elections held on March 7, 2010; and reviews continuing political schisms and post-U.S. withdrawal political collapse. Addresses related governance and regional issues, and considers their implications for wind down of the U.S. military mission in Iraq.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405560