"Gang of Four" Congressional Intelligence Notifications [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages), digital, PDF file
- Reviews history of "Gang of Four" intelligence notifications, which are oral briefings of certain particularly sensitive non-covert action intelligence activities that the intelligence community typically limits to chairmen and ranking members of the two Congressional intelligence committees. Compares "Gang of Four" notification procedure with that of the "Gang of Eight" notification procedure, which is governed by the President for matters concerning particularly sensitive covert action programs.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 11-R4-0698a in the 2011 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405705