Iran Sanctions [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (86 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses legislative history, provisions, interpretations, and implementation of P.L. 107-24, the Iran Sanctions Act (ISA), which mandates U.S. penalties against foreign companies determined to have invested in Iran energy sector; and identifies enhancements to ISA under P.L. 111-195, the Comprehensive Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Divestment Act. Examines ban on U.S. trade and investment with Iran, financial sanctions, terrorism list designation-related sanctions, proliferation-related sanctions, U.S. efforts to promote divestment, U.S. sanctions intended to support democratic change in Iran or alter its foreign policy, and blocked Iranian property and assets. Discusses UN sanctions; international implementation and compliance; overall effectiveness of sanctions on Iran; and recent and pending legislation to impose additional sanctions.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 12-RS-20871t in the 2012 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405733