Navy Shipboard Lasers for Surface, Air, and Missile Defense [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (64 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses potential use of Navy shipboard lasers for countering surface, air, and ballistic missile threats. Examines shipboard lasers in general and types of lasers being developed for potential shipboard use. Addresses Navy vision for shipboard lasers on surface vessels, remaining technical challenges, Office of Naval Research solid-state laser technology maturation effort, creation of Naval Directed Energy Steering Group, directed energy vision for U.S. naval forces, and Navy identification of destroyers and littoral combat ships as leading candidate platforms for laser weapons. Examines FY2012 Congressional report language, FY2013 funding request, issues and options for Congress, and legislative activity for FY2013.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2012). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405749