Research Tax Credit [electronic resource] : Current Law, Legislation in the 112th Congress, and Policy Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (37 pages), digital, PDF file
- Reviews status of the research and experimentation (R&E) tax credit, which seeks to stimulate business R&D investment by reducing the after-tax cost of qualified research above a base amount. Examines the design, effectiveness, legislative history, and stimulative effect of the R&E tax credit. Outlines key R&E tax credit policy issues, including a lack of permanence, uneven and inadequate incentive effect, non-refundable status, incomplete and ambiguous definition of qualified research, and insufficient focus on innovative research projects. Discusses legislation in the 112th Congress to modify and extend the R&E tax credit.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 12-RL-31181d in the 2012 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18405997