Congressional Franking Privilege [electronic resource] : Background and Recent Legislation
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides background on the Congressional franking privilege, which allows Members of Congress to send official mail to their constituents at Government expense; covering member mail allowances, regulation, and costs. Summarizes provisions of bills introduced in the 110th and 111th Congresses to alter the franking privilege for Members, focusing on the regulation of mass mailings. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 11-RS-22771 in the 2011 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406036