The Rum Excise Tax Cover-Over [electronic resource] : Legislative History and Current Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides history and analysis of the rum cover-over program, under which any excise tax collected on rum imported into the U.S. is transferred to or "covered-over" to the Treasuries of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. Details H.R. 1883 and S. 986, to expand Federal control over use of covered-over revenue, and which would limit Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands ability to finance economic development projects with this revenue source.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406237