U.S. Initial Public Stock Offerings and the JOBS Act [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (36 pages), digital, PDF file
- Analyzes factors contributing to decline in number of initial public offerings (IPOs) in the U.S. Explains differences between public and private markets, and addresses advantages and disadvantages of going public or remaining private. Examines decline in IPOs since 2000, and discusses causes and implications of stagnation in public IPOs. Highlights legislative developments, focusing on H.R. 3606, the Jumpstart Our Business Startups (JOBS) Act, to stimulate capital formation for new or relatively small companies.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406245