Small Business Administration HUBZone Program [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (35 pages), digital, PDF file
- Examines SBA historically underutilized business zone empowerment contracting (HUBZone) program, which provides participating small businesses located in areas with low income, high poverty rates, or high unemployment rates with contracting opportunities in the form of "set-asides," sole-source awards, and price-evaluation preferences. Presents pro/con arguments for targeting assistance to geographic areas with specified economic characteristics, as opposed to providing assistance to individuals or businesses with specified characteristics; and assesses pro/con arguments for HUBZone creation and continuance. Describes HUBZone areas, businesses, and Federal contracting goals. Analyzes Congressional issues regarding program administration, performance measures, and 2010 Decennial census.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406387