Deregulating Genetically Engineered Alfalfa and Sugar Beets [electronic resource] : Legal and Administrative Responses
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages), digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- Provides background on plant biotechnology regulation and oversight, in light of Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) decision to deregulate genetically engineered alfalfa and sugar beets in response to Monsanto Corp. petition requesting deregulation of these items. Reviews legal challenges of APHIS environmental assessments and injunctions, and discusses proposals for plant biotechnology regulatory and legislative changes.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 11-R4-1395 in the 2011 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406551