The Role of Local Food Systems in U.S. Farm Policy [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (54 pages), digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- Provides background on local and regional food systems, focusing on available data on direct-to-consumer sales, farmers markets, farm-to-school programs, community-supported agriculture, and community gardens. Highlights available resources within existing Federal programs administered by USDA and other agencies that may be applied to support local food systems. Describes select Obama Administration initiatives that leverage existing USDA programs to support local food systems. Discusses legislative options and proposals in the 112th Congress intended to broaden support for local and regional food systems, as part of the next farm bill debate.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406568