Mountaintop Mining [electronic resource] : Background on Current Controversies
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides background on current controversies surrounding negative environmental impact of mountaintop coal mining on water supply and quality of valley rivers and streams. Describes regulatory requirements under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act and the Clean Water Act (CWA), including criticisms and legal challenges to CWA regulation of mountaintop mining; and summarizes administrative actions and Congressional activity. and This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 12-RS-21421g in the 2012 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406769