Federal Support for Academic Research [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (26 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses Federal support for academic research, and explores its role in national economic development and health of national science and technology enterprise. Discusses research mission in academia, university-industry partnerships, changing institutional context of research, and distribution of funding for academic R&D. Summarizes role of the National Academies, Board on Higher Education and Workforce Committee in examining state of U.S. research institutions; and addresses policy considerations. Includes tables and graphs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18406992