DOD Purchase of Renewable Energy Credits Under the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012 [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (29 pages), digital, PDF file
- Discusses DOD purchase of renewable energy credits under P.L. 112-81, the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2012, which directs the Secretary of Defense to establish policy to maximize savings for the bulk purchase of replacement renewable energy certificates (RECs) in connection with the development of facility energy projects using renewable energy sources. Provides background on Federal renewable energy policies that serve as the backdrop for the NDAA-REC provision. Examines DOD electricity use, restructured power markets and retail choice, and DOD electricity demand versus State renewable portfolio standards. Summarizes policy discussion.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Apr. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18407040