Same-Sex Marriage [electronic resource] : Legislation and Litigation Resources
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (23 pages), digital, PDF file
- Lists online resources for retrieving legislative and background information on laws and cases related to same-sex marriage. Covers legislative history of P.L. 104-199, the Defense of Marriage Act of 1996, which prohibits Federal recognition of same-sex marriages; and reviews history of California Proposition 22 and Proposition 8 ballot initiatives, which only recognize marriage between a man and a woman. Contains selected legal materials relevant to the cases presented to Supreme Court.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18409435