Hague Convention Treaty on Recovery of International Child Support and H.R. 1896 [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (22 pages), digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division
- Provides overview of current child support enforcement (CSE) system, including how international CSE cases are handled. Summarizes and reviews status of 2007 Hague Convention on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance, which establishes procedures for processing international child support cases that are intended to be uniform, simple, efficient, accessible, and cost-free to U.S. citizens seeking child support in other countries. Presents section-by-section summary of H.R. 1896, the International Child Support Recovery Improvement Act of 2013, to implement the Hague Convention and several other unrelated child support provisions.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18409863