Navy Ohio Replacement (SSBN[X]) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program [electronic resource] : Background and Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (41 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides background on ballistic missile submarines, and highlights Navy plans to develop next-generation nuclear-powered SSBN(X) ballistic missile submarine class to replace its current force of 14 Ohio-class boats, which are also known as Trident submarines. Discusses impact of Mar. 1, 2013, sequester on FY2013 funding and potential impact of possible late 2013 or early 2014 sequester on FY2014 funding. Considers likelihood that Navy will reach $4.9 billion target cost, accuracy of Navy preliminary unit procurement cost estimate, program affordability and impact on other Navy shipbuilding programs, and which shipyard or shipyards will build SSBN(X)s. Reviews legislative activity for FY2014.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18410373