U.S. International Investment Agreements [electronic resource] : Issues for Congress
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (22 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of U.S. international investment agreements (FTAs), focusing specifically on bilateral investment treaties (BITs) and investment chapters in free trade agreements. Discusses key trends in U.S. and international investment flows, governance structures for investment at the bilateral and multilateral levels, goals and basic components of investment provisions in U.S. international investment agreements, and outcomes of Obama Administration review of U.S. Model BIT, which is the template used to negotiate BITs and investment chapters in FTAs. Considers whether BITs promote investment abroad, and reviews negotiating priorities for U.S. investment policy agenda.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18410384