Bangladesh Apparel Factory Collapse [electronic resource] : Background in Brief
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides information on Apr. 24, 2013, collapse of garment factory in Dhaka, Bangladesh, which resulted in the deaths of more than 1,100 workers, and is reportedly considered the deadliest accident in apparel industry history. Discusses Bangladesh economic environment and culture, and summarizes responses to the tragedy from Congress, Obama Administration, International Labor Organization, Bangladesh Government, and retail and apparel industry. Addresses possible issues and options for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18410430