The Debt Limit [electronic resource] : History and Recent Increases
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Government Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (42 pages), digital, PDF file
- Summarizes P.L. 112-25, the Budget Control Act of 2011, which includes numerous provisions aimed at deficit reduction, and provides for debt ceiling increase up to $2.4 trillion. Discusses background and history of Federal debt limit, and explains need to increase Federal debt limit. Examines Federal debt situation between 2002-2011 and efforts to resolve debt limit issue since 2002.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 13-RL-31967n in the 2013 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18411050