Mixed-Oxide Fuel Fabrication Plant and Plutonium Disposition [electronic resource] : Management and Policy Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages), digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division
- Discusses the Mixed Oxide Fuel Fabrication Facility (MFFF) in South Carolina and its role in U.S. strategy for disposing of surplus weapons plutonium from the Cold War, as required by a 1998 agreement, amended in 2010, between the U.S. and Russia. Describes and compares Russian and U.S. programs for plutonium disposal. Evaluates mixed oxide option for plutonium disposal and its possible impact on long-term nonproliferation. Considers issues for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report. and Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18411665