Positive Train Control (PTC) [electronic resource] : Overview and Policy Issues
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides information on positive train control (PTC) system, which is a communications and signaling system that has been identified by NTSB as technology capable of preventing accidents caused by train operator or dispatcher error, and which has been mandated to be implemented on railroads that carry passengers or have high-volume freight traffic with toxic or poisonous-by-inhalation hazardous materials. Discusses rail safety, basic system functions, implementation, and cost and benefits of PTC. Addresses related policy issues and options for Congress.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18411921