The ACA Medicaid Expansion [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (34 pages), digital, PDF file
- Provides overview of Medicaid expansion under P.L. 111-148, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), under which States have option to extend Medicaid coverage to most nonelderly, nonpregnant adults with income up to 133% of the Federal poverty level. Considers impact of Supreme Court decision in National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius , which held that the enforcement mechanism for ACA Medicaid expansion violated the Constitution, effectively making the ACA Medicaid expansion optional for States. Examines coverage, rules, and financing of the expansion, and provides enrollment and expenditure estimates. Reviews State decisions on whether or not to implement ACA Medicaid expansion, and considers implications of those decisions for certain individuals, employers, and hospitals. Includes tables and graphs.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Feb. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18414218