Canadian Oil Sands [electronic resource] : Life-Cycle Assessments of Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Corporate Author:
- Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (32 pages), digital, PDF file
- Considers Canadian oil sands as a possible source of crude oil for the U.S. Discusses basic methodology of life-cycle assessments, and examines choice of boundaries, design features, and input assumptions. Compares several publicly available assessments of life-cycle emissions data for Canadian oil sands crudes against each other and against those of other global reference crudes. Discusses some tools for policymakers who are interested in using these life-cycle assessments to investigate potential impacts of U.S. energy policy choices on environment.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 12-R4-2537 in the 2012 issue.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed Feb. 2014). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 18414311